blog 6
This week in the lab we didn’t really do much. We worked with our table groups in the previous week and over the weekend creating quick five minute presentations about specific topics we were given. During class, everyone presented the different topics and we also talked about different questions we might have. For example, my group’s presentation was about the earth. More specifically we talked about what the earth was like before (when it was first created), during(the evolution of earth), and after( what we see today).
During class discussion, we talked about the different topics each group had during the lab. We talked more specifically about black holes space travel formation of the Earth stars. We also talked about the Big Bang and it’s important while looking at alternative theories in place of the Big Bang. We also talked about women’s role within space. Most specifically we talked about how women preferred over men because they are lighter and shorter and consume less food which was interesting. We also talked about female figures within the space community like Katie Bouman who took a photo of a black hole.
What did you learn?
One thing I learned from this chapter was the lifecycle of stars. Most specifically how they are created and the different phases they can take. I never knew before that there are two different types of stars which are average and massive.
What was most helpful?
Something from this chapter that was helpful for me was the universal element formation picture. I really like being able to see the two different pairs that stellar nebulas can take. I also feel as though it made more sense to see photos of the different phases.
What do you need more information on?
One thing I am curious about is the 4 million sons that are located within the Milky Way. I’m just curious as to how they compared to our own sun.
What questions/concerns/comments do you have?
One question I do have that relates to the chapter is how can we be for sure there was nothing before the Big Bang. I just wanna know more about the specificity we have behind the idea that before the Big Bang there was nothing anywhere.
Comments
Post a Comment